Chordate species

Nov/Mon/2017 | Uncategorized

Chordata - Tree of Life Web Project

Chordate species

Buy Essay UK -
Marine Species Identification Portal: Chordates - Phylum Chordata

Nov 06, 2017 Chordate species, high quality custom essay writing service -
CHARACTERISTICS OF CHORDATES

black essays around the species world. by David Sedaris. Tails. Sint Nicolaaskerk, Amsterdam, across the canal from species, Central Station. Sinterklaas arrives in Amsterdam, accompanied by tails his helpers, shown below. St Nicholas Center Collection. I've never been much for guidebooks, so when trying to get my bearings in a strange American city, I normally start by asking the chordate cab driver or hotel clerk some silly question regarding the latest census figures. I say silly because I don't really care how many people live in Olympia, Washington, or Columbus, Ohio.

They're nice enough places, but the numbers mean nothing to tails, me. My second question might have to species, do with average annual rainfall, which, again, doesn't tell me anything about the people who have chosen to Impact of Global on Trade Unions Essay, call this place home. Chordate Species. What really interests me are the local gun laws. Can I carry a concealed weapon, and if so, under what circumstances? What's the mother waiting period for a tommy gun? Could I buy a Glock 17 if I were recently divorced or fired from my job? I've learned from experience that it's best to lead into this subject as delicately as possible, especially if you and the local citizen are alone and enclosed in a relatively small space. Bide your time, though, and you can walk away with some excellent stories. I've heard, for example, that the blind can legally hunt in both Texas and Michigan. Species. They must be accompanied by a sighted companion, but still, it seems a bit risky.

You wouldn't want a blind person driving a car or piloting a plane, so why hand him a rifle? What sense does that make? I ask about humans with guns not because I want one of my own but because the answers vary so widely from species, state to state. In a country that's become so homogenous, I'm reassured by these last touches of regionalism. Guns aren't really an issue in Europe, so when I'm traveling abroad, my first question usually relates to define equality, barnyard animals. What do your roosters say? is a good icebreaker, as every country has its own unique interpretation. In Germany, where dogs bark vow vow and both the frog and species, the duck say quack, the rooster greets the and diversity dawn with a hearty kik-a-ricki. Greek roosters crow kiri-a- kee, and in France they scream coco-rico, which sounds like one of species, those horrible premixed cocktails with a pirate on the label. Darrow;: A Non-Conforming, Passionate. When told that an chordate species, American rooster says cock-a-doodle-doo, my hosts look at me with disbelief and pity.

When do you open your Christmas presents? is The Impacts of Adoption another good conversation starter as it explains a lot about national character. People who traditionally open gifts on Christmas Eve seem a bit more pious and family oriented than those who wait until Christmas morning. They go to mass, open presents, eat a late meal, return to species, church the equality following morning, and devote the species rest of the day to eating another big meal. Humans Tails. Gifts are generally reserved for children, and chordate species, the parents tend not to go overboard. It's nothing I'd want for myself, but I suppose it's fine for those who prefer food and family to things of real value. In France and Germany, gifts are exchanged on Christmas Eve, while in humans tails Holland the children receive presents on December 5, in celebration of Saint Nicholas Day. Chordate. It sounded sort of quaint until I spoke to a man named Oscar, who filled me in on a few of the details as we walked from my hotel to the Amsterdam train station. Unlike the jolly, obese American Santa, Saint Nicholas is painfully thin and dresses not unlike the pope, topping his robes with a tall hat resembling an Impact of Global Competition on Trade Essay, embroidered tea cozy. The outfit, I was told, is species a carryover from Darrow;: a Non-Conforming, Passionate Man Essay, his former career, when he served as a bishop in Turkey.

One doesn't want to be too much of a cultural chauvinist, but this seemed completely wrong to me. For starters, Santa didn't use to do anything. He's not retired, and, more important, he has nothing to do with Turkey. The climate's all wrong, and people wouldn't appreciate him. When asked how he got from chordate species, Turkey to the North Pole, Oscar told me with complete conviction that Saint Nicholas currently resides in Spain, which again is simply not true. Clarence Man Essay. While he could probably live wherever he wanted, Santa chose the North Pole specifically because it is species harsh and isolated. No one can spy on him, and of Global Competition, he doesn't have to species, worry about people coming to the door.

Anyone can come to the door in Spain, and in that outfit, he'd most certainly be recognized. On top of that, aside from Man Essay, a few pleasantries, Santa doesn't speak Spanish. He knows enough to get by, but he's not fluent, and he certainly doesn't eat tapas. Chordate Species. While our Santa flies on a sled, Saint Nicholas arrives by boat and then transfers to a white horse. A Non-Conforming, Passionate. The event is televised, and great crowds gather at the waterfront to greet him. I'm not sure if there's a set date, but he generally docks in late November and spends a few weeks hanging out and asking people what they want.

Is it just him alone? I asked. Or does he come with backup? Oscar's English was close to chordate species, perfect, but he seemed thrown by a term normally reserved for police reinforcement. Helpers, I said. Does he have any elves? Maybe I'm just overly sensitive, but I couldn't help but feel personally insulted when Oscar denounced the very idea as grotesque and unrealistic. Clarence A Non-Conforming, Man Essay. Elves, he said. They're just so silly. The words silly and unrealistic were redefined when I learned that Saint Nicholas travels with what was consistently described as six to eight black men. I asked several Dutch people to narrow it down, but none of them could give me an exact number.

It was always six to eight, which seems strange, seeing as they've had hundreds of years to get a decent count. Chordate. The six to define equality and diversity, eight black men were characterized as personal slaves until the chordate mid-fifties, when the and diversity political climate changed and it was decided that instead of being slaves they were just good friends. I think history has proven that something usually comes between slavery and friendship, a period of time marked not by chordate cookies and quiet times beside the fire but by bloodshed and and diversity, mutual hostility. Species. They have such violence in Holland, but rather than duking it out among themselves, Santa and his former slaves decided to take it out on the public. In the early years, if a child was naughty, Saint Nicholas and the six to eight black men would beat him with what Oscar described as the small branch of a tree. Yes, he said. That's it.

They'd kick him and with tails, beat him with a switch. Then, if the youngster was really bad, they'd put him in a sack and take him back to chordate, Spain. Saint Nicholas would kick you? Well, not anymore, Oscar said. Clarence Darrow;: Man Essay. Now he just pretends to kick you. And the six to eight black men? He considered this to chordate, be progressive, but in a way I think it's almost more perverse than the original punishment. I'm going to hurt you, but not really. How many times have we fallen for that line?

The fake slap invariably makes contact, adding the elements of of Global, shock and chordate species, betrayal to what had previously been plain, old- fashioned fear. What kind of Santa spends his time pretending to kick people before stuffing them into equality and diversity a canvas sack? Then, of course, you've got the six to eight former slaves who could potentially go off at any moment. This, I think, is the greatest difference between us and the Dutch. While a certain segment of our population might be perfectly happy with the arrangement, if you told the average white American that six to eight nameless black men would be sneaking into his house in the middle of the night, he would barricade the doors and arm himself with whatever he could get his hands on.

Six to eight, did you say? In the species years before central heating, Dutch children would leave their shoes by the fireplace, the promise being that unless they planned to Competition Unions Essay examples, beat you, kick you, or stuff you into a sack, Saint Nicholas and the six to eight black men would fill your clogs with presents. Aside from the species threats of violence and kidnapping, it's not much different from hanging your stockings from the mantel. Now that so few people have a working fireplace, Dutch children are instructed to leave their shoes beside the to son by langston hughes radiator, furnace, or space heater. Saint Nicholas and the six to eight black men arrive on horses, which jump from the yard onto the roof. At this point, I guess, they either jump back down and use the door, or they stay put and vaporize through the pipes and electrical wires. Species. Oscar wasn't too clear about the particulars, but, really, who can blame him? We have the same problem with our Santa. He's supposed to use the chimney, but if you don't have one, he still manages to come through. With. It's best not to think about it too hard. While eight flying reindeer are a hard pill to swallow, our Christmas story remains relatively simple.

Santa lives with his wife in a remote polar village and spends one night a year traveling around the world. If you're bad, he leaves you coal. If you're good and live in America, he'll give you just about anything you want. We tell our children to be good and send them off to bed, where they lie awake, anticipating their great bounty. A Dutch parent has a decidedly hairier story to relate, telling his children, Listen, you might want to pack a few of your things together before you go to chordate, bed.

The former bishop from Turkey will be coming along with six to eight black men. Poem By Langston. They might put some candy in your shoes, they might stuff you in species a sack and take you to Spain, or they might just pretend to kick you. We don't know for sure, but we want you to be prepared. Hughes. This is the chordate reward for poem living in Holland. As a child you get to hear this story, and chordate, as an adult you get to turn around and repeat it. As an Clarence a Non-Conforming, Passionate Man Essay, added bonus, the government has thrown in legalized drugs and prostitution#8212;so what's not to love about species being Dutch? Oscar finished his story just as we arrived at the station. He was a polite and interesting guy#8212;very good company#8212;but when he offered to wait until my train arrived, I begged off, saying I had some calls to make.

Sitting alone in the vast terminal, surrounded by to son poem other polite, seemingly interesting Dutch people, I couldn't help but feel second-rate. Yes, it was a small country, but it had six to eight black men and a really good bedtime story. Being a fairly competitive person, I felt jealous, then bitter, and was edging toward hostile when I remembered the blind hunter tramping off into the Michigan forest. Species. He might bag a deer, or he might happily shoot his sighted companion in the stomach. He may find his way back to the car, or he may wander around for psychosocial definition psychology a week or two before stumbling through your front door. We don't know for species sure, but in define and diversity pinning that license to his chest, he inspires the sort of narrative that ultimately makes me proud to chordate, be an American. From Dress Your Family in Corduroy and Denim by David Sedaris, Š 2004 Little, Brown. Permission pending. Audio from David Sedaris Live at Carnegie Hall , Š 2003 Little, Brown.

Permission pending.

Order Essays Online: No Plagiarism And Top Quality -
Five Classes of Chordates | Sciencing

Nov 06, 2017 Chordate species, you can now order essay assistance from real academics -
Phylum Chordata

How to Write a Summary, Analysis, and Response Essay Paper With Examples. VirginiaLynne has been a University English instructor for over 20 years. She specializes in helping people write essays faster and easier. A summary is telling the main ideas of the article in your own words. These are the steps to writing a great summary:

Read the article, one paragraph at species, a time. For each paragraph, underline the main idea sentence (topic sentence). If you can't underline the book, write that sentence on your computer or a piece of paper. When you finish the article, read all the mother underlined sentences. In your own words, write down one sentence that conveys the main idea. Start the sentence using the name of the chordate author and mother by langston title of the article (see format below). Continue writing your summary by writing the other underlined sentences in your own words. Remember that you need to change both the words of the sentence and chordate species the word order. For more information, see video below.

Don't forget to use transition words to link your sentences together. Define Equality And Diversity? See my list of transition words below to help you write your summary more effectively and chordate make it more interesting to read. Make sure you include the name of the author and article and use author tags (see list below) to let the reader know you are talking about what the author said and not your own ideas. Re-read your piece. Mother? Does it flow well? Are there too many details? Not enough? Your summary should be as short and concise as possible. Author Tag : You need to start your summary by telling the name of the article and the author. Chordate Species? Here are three examples of how to do that (pay close attention to the punctuation):

In “How the Civil War Began, historian John Jones explains. Of Global On Trade Essay Examples? John Jones, in his article “How the Civil War Began, says that the real reason. How the Civil War Began, by historian John Jones, describes. First Sentence: Along with including the article's title and author's name, the chordate first sentence should be the main point of the article. It should answer the question: What is this essay about? (thesis). The Impacts Essay? Example:

In How the chordate species Civil War Began by John Jones, the author argues that the real reason for the start of the Civil War was not slavery, as many believe, but was instead the clash of cultures and greed for cash. Rest of Summary: The rest of your essay is going to poem by langston give the reasons and evidence for that main statement. Chordate? In other words, what is the Darrow;: a Non-Conforming, Passionate Man Essay main point the writer is trying to chordate species make and what are the to son by langston hughes supporting ideas he or she uses to prove it? Does the author bring up any opposing ideas, and if so, what does he or she do to refute them? Here is a sample sort of sentence: ___________ is the issue addressed in “( article's title) ” by ( author's name) . The thesis of chordate this essay is ___________ . The author’s main claim is ___________ and his/her sub claim is ___________ . The author argues ___________ . Other people argue ___________ . The author refutes these ideas by saying ___________ . His/her conclusion is ___________ . How Often Do You Mention the Clarence Darrow;: Passionate Author? While you don't have to use an author tag in every sentence, you need to be clear when you are giving ideas that are taken from the species article, and Darrow;: a Non-Conforming, Passionate Man Essay when you are saying your own ideas. In general, you want to be sure that you always use the author's name and the article title when you start summarizing, and that you use the author's last name in the last sentence as well to make it clear you are still talking about the author's ideas. In a research paper, you would then put a parenthetical citation or footnote, which tells the species reader you are finished using that source. Men and Women in Conversation: Example response essay to Deborah Tannen's article about how divorce can be prevented if people learn the communication signals of the opposite gender. Response Essay about Getting a Tattoo: Responds to a personal experience article from the New York Times about Impact of Global Competition Unions examples a man who gets a dragon tattoo. The Year that Changed Everything: Sample paper written by a college English class about an article by chordate species Lance Morrow suggesting that three lesser-known events of 1948 had a great impact on history.

How is this written? Who is the audience? Is it effectively written for that audience? If you've done a literary analysis, you can apply what you know about define equality and diversity analyzing literature to chordate analyzing other texts. You will want to consider what is effective and of Global Competition on Trade ineffective. You will analyze what the author does that works and what doesn't work to support the author's point and persuade the audience to agree. Sometimes, especially when you're just getting started writing, the task of chordate species fitting a huge topic into an essay may feel daunting and you may not know where to start.

It may help you to use a thing called TRACE when talking about the rhetorical situation. TRACE stands for Text, Reader, Author, Context, and Exigence: Text , Reader , and Author are easy to understand. When writing the analysis, you need to think about what kind of text it is and what the define equality and diversity author wanted to have the species audience think, do, or believe. The main question your analysis will answer is, How effective was the author at convincing that particular audience? Context means several things: how the article fits into the history of humans tails discussion of that issue, the chordate historical moment in of Global Competition on Trade time when the article is written, and the moment in chordate species time when a person reads the article. In this context, Exigence is of Global on Trade examples synonymous with assumptions, bias, or worldview. Breaking the large idea down into these five parts may help you get started and organize your ideas. In your paper, you'll probably want to address from species, three to all five of these elements.

Each of the following elements can be one paragraph of your analysis. You can answer the questions to help you generate ideas for each paragraph. With Tails? To make it easier, I've included the last two TRACE elements (Context and Exigence) as part of Author and Reader. How is the chordate species essay organized? What is effective or ineffective about the a Non-Conforming, Passionate Man Essay organization of the essay? How does the author try to interest the reader? How well does the author explain the chordate main claims? Are these arguments logical? Do the support and evidence seem adequate? Is the support convincing to the reader? Does the evidence actually prove the point the author is The Impacts of Adoption trying to make?

Who is the author? What does he or she know about this subject? What is the author's bias? Is the chordate species bias openly admitted? Does that make his or her argument more or less believable? Does the mother to son hughes author's knowledge and background make her or him reliable for this audience? How does the author try to chordate species relate to humans tails the audience and establish common ground?

Is it effective? How does the author interest the audience? Does she or he make the chordate reader want to know more? Does the author explain enough about the history of of Global Competition Unions Essay examples this argument? Is anything left out? Who is the reader? How would they react to these arguments? How is this essay effective or ineffective for this audience? What constraints (prejudices or perspectives) would make this reader able to hear or not hear certain arguments? What is the chordate species exigence (events in this moment in time which affect the to son by langston need for this conversation) that makes the audience interested in this issue? Michael Critchton's Let's Stop Scaring Ourselves argues that we are overdoing caution and fear.

See my Sample Reading Response to this essay and also check out Lisa Rayner and Don Fraizier's response. Text : Analyzing the chordate species text is very much like doing literary analysis, which many students have done before. Use all of your tools of The Impacts of Adoption literary analysis, including looking at the metaphors, rhythm of sentences, construction of arguments, tone, style, and use of chordate language. Example: The organization of essay title is effective/ineffective because ___________ . The essay's opening causes the reader to ___________ . The essay's style is ___________ and the tone is shown by ___________ . The language used is___________ . Define And Diversity? The essay's argument is constructed logically/illogically by ___________. The essay is chordate species organized by ___________ ( give a very brief description of the structure of the essay, perhaps telling where the description of the problem is, where claims are made, and where support is located—in which paragraphs—and why this is effective or ineffective in proving the point ). Author: You’ve probably also analyzed how the author’s life affects his or her writing. You can do the Darrow;: Passionate same for chordate species this sort of analysis. For example, in my sample reading the define equality and diversity response about chordate species Michael Crichton's Let's Stop Scaring Ourselves article, students noted that the psychosocial definition fact that Crichton is the author of doomsday thrillers like Andromeda Strain and Jurassic Park makes his argument that we shouldn't pay much attention to current doomsday scenarios like global warming rather ironic. Species? If you don't know anything about the author, you can always do a quick Google Search to find out.

Sample format: The author establishes his/her authority by Darrow;: a Non-Conforming, Man Essay ___________ . The author's bias is shown in ___________ . The author assumes an audience who ___________ . He/She establishes common ground with the chordate species audience by ___________ . Reader: You can write this section by psychosocial definition psychology inferring who the intended reader is, as well as looking at the text from the species viewpoint of other sorts of readers. Mother By Langston Hughes? For example, Readers are interested in this issue because of the exigence of ___________. Constraints on the reader's reaction are ___________. I think the reader would react to this argument by species ___________.

I think that the author's ___________ is effective. Psychosocial Psychology? ___________ is less effective because ___________ includes ___________. The support is adequate/inadequate and is relevant/irrelevant to the author’s claim. What do you think? Does this article persuade you? Generally, your response will be the end of your essay, but you may include your response throughout the chordate species paper as you select what to summarize and analyze. Your response will also be evident to the reader by the tone that you use and the words you select to talk about the article and writer. However, your response in the conclusion will be more direct and specific. It will use the information you have already provided in your summary and analysis to explain how you feel about this article.

Most of the time, your response will fall into one of the following categories: You will agree with the author and back your agreement up with logic or personal experience. Psychosocial Definition? You will disagree with the author because of species your experience or knowledge (although you may have sympathy with the author's position). The Impacts Essay? You will agree with part of the author's points and disagree with others. You will agree or disagree with the author but feel that there is a more important or different point which needs to species be discussed in addition to what is in the article.

How will this article fit into Passionate Man Essay, your own paper? How will you be able to use it? Here are some questions you can answer to help you think about your response: What is your personal reaction to species the essay? What common ground do you have with the author?

How are your experiences the same or different from the author's and how has your experience influenced your view? What in the essay is Clarence Darrow;: Passionate Man Essay new to species you? Do you know of of Adoption Essay any information the chordate article left out that is relevant to psychosocial definition psychology the topic? What in this essay made you re-think your own view? What does this essay make you think about? What other writing, life experience, or information would help you think about this article? What do you like or dislike about the essay and/or the ideas in the essay? How much of your response is related to your personal experience? How much is related to your own worldview? How is this feeling related to the information you know?

How will this information be useful for you in chordate writing your own essay? What position does this essay support? Or where might you use this article in your essay? You can use your answers to the questions above to help you formulate your response. Here is humans with a sample of how you can put this together into your own essay (for more sample essays, see the links above): Before reading this article, my understanding of this topic was ___________. Species? In my own experience, I have found ___________ and because of this, my reaction to this essay is ___________.

Interestingly, I have ___________ as common ground with the of Adoption Essay author/audience . What was new to me is chordate ___________. This essay makes me think ___________. I like/dislike ___________ in the essay. I will use this article in my research essay for ___________. Summary Analysis Response to Men and Women in Conversation. by Virginia Kearney 7. Summary, Analysis, Response Essay Example.

by Virginia Kearney 0. Reading Response Sample Paper on Why We Crave Horror Movies by Virginia Kearney 6. How to Write a Proposal Essay/Paper. by Laura Writes 40. 100 Argument or Position Essay Topics with Sample Essays. by Virginia Kearney 37. 100 Science Topics for Research Papers. by Virginia Kearney 108.

Virginia Kearney 2 weeks ago from humans tails, United States. Hi Cathy, I tell my students that you want to include the examples you need to chordate make your point clear, but you don't want to mother to son poem by langston hughes summarize everything. Hello, Thank you so much for your guide. Chordate Species? Is it necessary to include the author's examples in an analytical argumentative essay? Virginia Kearney 6 weeks ago from of Global Competition Essay, United States. Rodsy, I'm so glad that this has helped you. Chordate Species? I hope you will continue to use my other guides and sample papers to complete your other projects. Rodsy Karim Taseen 6 weeks ago.

Thank you so much for making it easy. Now I along with my group members can complete our assignment on Clarence Passionate writing summary on different research papers, based on the filed of species International Business. Thank you so much! I really appreciate the effort put into your work. :) this will really help me now and in future. Virginia Kearney 4 months ago from United States. Hi, Chloe! It would depend in part what sort of assignment you've been given. Generally, in doing a summary, you do not need to put the information exactly in mother the same order as the chordate species original paper. The important thing in define equality summarizing is chordate that you actually understand the humans with information clearly enough that you can put it into your own words.

I'm guessing that with the chordate title, the article has a number of Clarence Darrow;: a Non-Conforming, Passionate Man Essay reasons why we should allow the drugs. If the chordate species reasons can be grouped, into 3-4 types of reasons, that would be your best organization technique. For example, I can image that the reasons to allow performance enhancing drugs are probably: We can't prevent athletes from getting around the rules. We have better athletic contests if we allow drugs. We don't have the right to tell athletes what they are doing with their own bodies. I'm not sure what your article says, but I'm guessing that you could group the reasons around a few themes and organize your summary that way. hi there, i am doing a science report on Why we should allow performance enhancing drugs in sport and the article has 12 subheadings and i am supposed to Unions Essay examples summarize all of them. What structure would i put the chordate species paragraphs in so it isn't just random information summarizing the subsections, and i have an tails actual format to follow? Thank you :) Virginia Kearney 4 months ago from United States.

Hi, Brad! You are probably needing one of my other articles if you are doing an argumentative essay. Chordate Species? When you do an argument, you actually need to Impact on Trade Unions Essay have a main claim that you want to persuade your audience to chordate species believe. The analysis part of that sort of psychosocial definition psychology essay means that you evaluate the pros and cons of other ideas about that claim. I don't use the term analytical argumentative essay in my class but I do teach this same idea. I call it persuasive essay, or argument essay and I have several articles that tell you how to write that sort of essay.

Look at the links to the side or search for them on Letterpile using my name. Would this be considered an outline for species an analytical Argumentative essay? Virginia Kearney 5 months ago from United States. Hi--If you are doing a summary, analysis, and response, then you do it the same as we've described here except that you would summarize the The Impacts of Adoption Essay story and then analyze whether it was told effectively and finally give a response. If you are actually talking about species writing a narrative paper about something that happened to you, you need to with tails see my article on How to Write a Reflective Essay with Sample Essays. Search for it on Letterpile or on my profile page. cletusoe12 @gmail.com 5 months ago. How can I write a story of a personal encounter in species an accident. Of Global Competition On Trade Essay? In narrative essay. Please can you give me example?

Virginia Kearney 6 months ago from United States. Hi Mimi--In the chordate response section, you can explain how you are going to use that article in your research paper. To Son Poem? You might want to see my article on species How to do an Annotated Bibliography, which also includes a sample. Virginia Kearney 6 months ago from United States. Glad this is define helpful to you Flor. I am not currently doing online tutoring but it is interesting for you to ask this because I've been considering setting up a website with videos and some live instruction help.

what a great way to explain you have used here. Are you interested in doing tutoring online? I would love to have the opportunity to be tutor by you. Hello, I am actually working on three articles and my supervisor asked to make a summary including analysis.But what I would like to know how can I show that these three articles are related to my future research paper?how can I analyze them?can you please help me? I love the way this website gives steps and examples. I love how you can distinguish all of this into your on understanding.

All of this explaining is a great source for anything. You have to love everything about chordate this site. Humans With Tails? This is the best. Virginia Kearney 9 months ago from United States. Hi Brianna--If you are doing a summary of an article, then I would do that first. Species? If you are not responding to a particular article, then you should give a summary of the situation around this law and the different sides of the argument. Then pose a question which is interesting to you. Your response will be more interesting if you go beyond just the The Impacts of Adoption Essay idea of whether this is good or bad. Here are some ideas: Is this an chordate effective strategy for pro-life groups to definition use? Does just raising the chordate species issue of burial change the Darrow;: a Non-Conforming, conversation about abortion? Should women considering abortion have to think about burying their baby?

How can I come up with a theme for my response paper. I am responding to the Texas new law that requires burial for aborted fetuses. Any ideas? Virginia Kearney 9 months ago from United States. Thanks for letting me know Seza! This type of essay is not very well explained in many textbooks and that is what led me to write these instructions and ask my students to post examples. Since I've been using these instructions, I've found my students do a much better job at writing these kinds of essays, which is important because the thinking you do while writing these essays is species what prepares you for doing good research. This post has been of great help for me and my friends. Thank you very much.

Excellent lesson. It helped me with reviewing summarizing with some of my students who were still having difficulty. I especially liked the The Impacts chart. However, please change adjective to adverbs. Thanks for the information. Very good insight on analysis description. I want to thank you for species your time and effort in helping people be all they can be. Keep up the great work. Virginia Kearney 12 months ago from United States.

Thanks Singapore! I love the fact that what I write and use to teach has helped people all over the world. I'm approaching 8 million views now! Thanks from Singapore! It's for literature :) Virginia Kearney 12 months ago from United States.

Thanks Simon! I've done a lot of writing over the years and I enjoy experimenting with different styles. I like the style of your post writing. It's very rare to find something like this. This my second semester in the university and I have to Darrow;: write.

Analysis essay I find your site very helpful for me. Really thank you. Virginia Kearney 16 months ago from chordate, United States. Hi Ercan! Since I started writing online in 2008, I've been amazed to see people from all over Clarence a Non-Conforming, Man Essay the world reading my work and species being helped by the information I've developed for my students at poem by langston, college here in the United States. Having had students from chordate species, many other countries in my own classroom, I know that sometimes they have not gotten much instruction from native English speakers. Define And Diversity? I am glad to be able to provide help for free to improve student's written English. Ercan Oztoktay 16 months ago. Thanks so much from turkey. My first time to write a summary of a 4-page research paper, this useful article really helped me, thanks :) I don't know why I should go to species school.

This is the mother to son hughes right place. It's helping me in my English composition 2 class.thank you. Virginia Kearney 22 months ago from species, United States. Hi Ed, I'm not sure what your instructor means by writing with authority. They may mean they want you to quote reliable, authoritative sources. In speech, we show authority by using declarative sentences which tell people what to do, such as, Be sure you write clear sentences using concrete adjectives and vivid adverbs. I suggest you ask your instructor for some examples of what they want you to do. Hello Professor Lynne. I have to write an essay with authority, can you advise me why type of humans with words I can use to show my point?

By the way the topic is dealing Information Technology. Virginia Kearney 2 years ago from United States. Thanks yakul for your comment. As a writer, I know I am always learning and improving too! Matty Fernandez 2 years ago from Passaic, NJ. I have to turn in a summary page for Critical Thinking. Species? You've helped me lots! Please follow me. Christy Maria 2 years ago. I am a student in University right now and I have to write response papers so often. Impact Of Global On Trade Unions? This article is species extremely useful for me so im going to make sure to of Adoption save it and look back on it when I have my next paper due!

Thankyou. Najat 2 years ago from Rottherdam - NL. i like your hub, great sharing, i love the chordate instructions. greeting from Hijama. Virginia Kearney 2 years ago from United States. Aesta--glad to know this helped you. My class is structured so that my students have to plan before they write, and then get feedback from peers before re-writing. Many of them don't like that process because they want to get it all done in one sitting, but after they have gone through this process for a semester, they begin to Impact Competition on Trade Unions Essay realize that stopping to organize their thoughts first often means that the writing goes much more quickly. In the end, it takes less time! Mary Norton 2 years ago from Ontario, Canada. Enjoyed reading your hub as it is really well written and very substantial.

I need to digest this information and chordate species start applying this in my work. And Diversity? I often just write spontaneously, no outline, and I organize this after. Armed with these questions to ask as I write, maybe I can really put substance into my random thoughts. Lloyd Jenkins 3 years ago. This was great information, it will help me in my English class this semester. Organization is key in writing a good summary and response. Virginia Kearney 3 years ago from United States. Organised Kaos--do you really live in Tasmania? That seems like a fairy tale place to me. Species? Of course, as I write that, I realize that the Clarence Passionate Man Essay places I've lived, Southern California, Texas and chordate species Florida may seem like fairy tale places to people in psychosocial definition psychology other parts of the world!

Good luck on species your college career. I went back to graduate school after 10 years of working and found that I enjoyed going to school so very much more than I had when I was younger. I actually enjoyed the define equality chance to learn things. As a professor, I really enjoy having students like yourself because their life experiences make their writing much more interesting. Actually, that reminds me that last semester I had a student from Australia who was older because he had been a professional Rugby player for several years before coming to the U.S. to go to college and play American football.

The whole class enjoyed all of his experiences and I'm sure your classmates will enjoy yours too. Anne 3 years ago from Hobart, Tasmania. Australia.(The little bit broken off the bottom of AUS) Thanks for a great hub. Chordate Species? Just about to go back to college after 20 years and am a little nervous about having forgotten this kinda stuff. Will be following you too as I want to be able to refer at a later date, back to your instruction. Virginia Kearney 3 years ago from United States. How interesting Maddie--thanks for letting me know. My husband is a scientist and I love doing technology and to son poem science papers with my class in the second semester.

I will have to species think about doing some more topic ideas for science classes. I'm doing this for science. Anarkali Suits 4 years ago. “Words can be like X-rays if you use them properly -- they’ll go through anything. Clarence Darrow;: A Non-Conforming, Passionate Man Essay? You read and you’re pierced.” This page is species a great method to connect to others.

Congratulations on a job well achieved. I am anticipating your next. Virginia Kearney 5 years ago from of Global Competition on Trade Essay examples, United States. B. Species? Leekley--absolutely! I'm so glad that you recognized that responsive reading doesn't just have to be to texts. Anything that provides us something to think about Darrow;: a Non-Conforming, Man Essay can be put into species, a responsive reading. You've reminded me that I need to add my own Hub which responded to a Harvard Study on the effect of going to 4th of July celebrations to my links. Brian Leekley 5 years ago from to son by langston, Kalamazoo, Michigan, USA. Thank you for this interesting and helpful hub. I have bookmarked it.

I can foresee myself writing hubs that are responses to hubs that argue for a philosophical or political position. Virginia Kearney 5 years ago from species, United States. I'm glad! I'm just now grading my student's Summary, Analysis and Response essays and I'm so pleased that they have really understood how to Clarence Darrow;: a Non-Conforming, Passionate Man Essay do this paper. I'm hoping my directions this semester have been clearer. We did two days of peer editing, which I think helped. This paper is similar to the Reading Response paper, and both of chordate these Hubs are are the very top in number of hits, so I think that many people have trouble on these essays and the textbooks don't always describe them well.

Many thanks Virginia..you made things a lot simpler for Impact on Trade examples me! Virginia Kearney 5 years ago from United States. johnsdfd--good question. Yes--I should add that to the hub. Chordate Species? You do a bibliographic entry in either mla or apa style at the top, then the summary/analysis/response is below. htodd 5 years ago from United States. Great post virginialynne..Thanks. Virginia Kearney 5 years ago from United States. Glad I helped you nico!

My class is just starting on this essay now and poem hughes so I was looking at my Hubviews and very surprised to find this one had over 3,000! I really published it for my own classes, but the class I'm teaching now is the first one that will use it. Guess there are a lot of other people out chordate, there needing help! Virginia Kearney 6 years ago from definition, United States. Thanks! I think that a lot of the instructions given for essays really don't help you know how to chordate organize them. I've actually learned a lot about writing by trying to figure out how to teach other people! Rose Clearfield 6 years ago from Milwaukee, Wisconsin.

Well written. I like how you break everything down. Copyright 2017 HubPages Inc. and respective owners. Other product and company names shown may be trademarks of Impact of Global Competition examples their respective owners. HubPages ® is a registered Service Mark of HubPages, Inc. HubPages and Hubbers (authors) may earn revenue on this page based on affiliate relationships and advertisements with partners including Amazon, Google, and others.

Copyright 2017 HubPages Inc. and respective owners.

Write My Paper -

Nov 06, 2017 Chordate species, buying essays online -
CHARACTERISTICS OF CHORDATES

500 Word Essay: How to Write It in One Day. Do you need to write a 500 word essay and species don't know where to start? Maybe before, you wrote only long essays consisting of 1000 words or more and now you don't know how to mother to son poem cram all the information so it would fit the limit. For many reasons, you may think that writing a 500 word essay is chordate, complicated. Don't worry, your task is not as difficult as it seems. Stop searching for Competition Unions 500 word essay is how many pages and panicking because we are going to help you. In this article, we collected the chordate species most frequently asked questions about by langston a 500 word essay and responded to them in species details.

You will learn how many pages is a 500 word essay and even see some examples of such papers. Now you are saved as you can find all the of Adoption answers you need below! Some students can't even imagine how long is chordate species, a 500 word essay. In fact, 500 word essay length in many ways depends on your writing style: if your writing is detailed, it might even feel like the limit is not enough. The good thing about this type of essay is that it doesn't require you to go deeper into tails the topic, so the research itself may be quite superficial. How many pages is a 500 word essay? Of course, some students want a clear answer to the question how many pages is a 500 word essay? We hasten to inform you that if you complete it in accordance with all standards (12pt Times New Roman, 1-inch margins, etc.), then your essay will take 1 - 1.5 pages.

As you can see, the amount of 500 word essay pages is not so frightening but for some students, the task of being brief can be a serious obstacle. Short essays like a 500 word essay are a very common writing task in universities and colleges. They can be a part of the syllabus in many courses. Before writing you should look over the examples of a 500 word essay and understand what exactly is expected from you. Here you can find the right 500 word essay example and species carefully study it. What does a 500 word essay look like? You can't start writing until you decide on the type of of Adoption Essay, your essay. Once you understand how your 500 word essay should look like and chordate species what it should consist of, it will be much easier for you to start working.

Let's take a look at define equality and diversity, the common essay types to help you find the right one. This is the chordate species most common type of The Impacts, academic essay. Your 500 word essay should consist of a thorough analysis of your topic. You should provide necessary research and species experiments and clearly explain your position. In this type of humans with tails, essay, you describe a situation, a person, a place or an experience. It gives you an opportunity to demonstrate your creative abilities. Species! You can choose this type of define equality and diversity, essay if you want to tell the story and make your text more personal. Chordate! A narrative essay can be emotional and reflect the author's personal views regarding a particular topic or a situation.

This essay is like an expository essay, but an argumentative essay requires you to go deeper into your research. An argumentative essay allows to look at the topic from all sides, so you need to prepare it carefully. How long does it take to write a 500 word essay? Planning a short essay does not require a lot of time but writing a 500 word essay can take much more time than a regular essay. While writing your 500 word essay, you need to Clarence Passionate Man Essay focus on only one main idea. This will make your task easier and will help you avoid unnecessary sentences. Generally, researching and writing a 500 word essay takes about 2-3 hours. Chordate! Of course, everything depends on The Impacts Essay a topic you choose and your ability to find all the necessary information quickly. However, your research might take much longer or you might run out of ideas. In these cases, prepare to spend more time to chordate complete your essay.

If you don't have the time or need some essay help, you can always turn to an essay writing service. What topics are suitable for Essay 500 word essays? As you probably know, not every topic is easy to write about. The choice of a topic in many ways depends on what type of essay you need to write. Also, it is important to consider the chordate species word limit: it will be quite difficult to fully cover a serious topic in a 500 word essay. Of Global On Trade Unions Essay! If the topic is not specified, there are many different things you can write about. Research papers may seem boring, but you can study many new and interesting things in chordate the process of completing it. You just have to choose the right topic and it will fascinate you. How can we protect the humans with tails environment?

Equal pay and chordate ways to Impact Competition on Trade Unions achieve equality. Nowadays, educational institutions use special types of essays which are meant to teach students a system of causes and effects. What are the effects of spending too much time on the Internet? What causes people to spend so much during the sales? Every day we make many different choices.

Why not choose comparison and contrast as a fundamental idea for your essay? What is your choice - textbooks or eBooks? What is chordate, more convenient - Twitter or Facebook? If you are good at proving your point of view and are ready to treat facts subjectively, then this type of essay suits you best. Humans! Are sugar substitutes healthy for you? Should marijuana be used as a medical treatment? Words can have a huge impact on people.

If you can speak persuasively, you can make people follow you and species adopt your point of view. This is Darrow;: a Non-Conforming, Passionate Man Essay, a very valuable practice that will be useful throughout your life. Should army service be obligatory? Should parents be certified first to have children? Therefore, 500 word essay writing can be hard. To make this process easier, you can pay attention to the following points: Keep it brief. Chordate! Don't use meaningless words. Develop your writing style by a Non-Conforming,, using synonyms.

Use powerful and chordate active words for convincing your audience. Be consistent with paragraphs. Always use only Clarence Darrow;: a Non-Conforming, Man Essay one style while writing your essay. Divide long sentences into short ones. Use clear sentence structures for your arguments. How to chordate create a 500 word essay structure? Every essay writer knows that structure is one of the most important things to consider when writing an essay. The standard structure includes: An introduction of to son, your essay should state your opinion very clearly, give background information or describe the current situation. In the body of species, a 500 word essay, you should point out all of with tails, your arguments and give supporting evidence. The conclusion should improve the effect that your arguments had on the audience. What are the chordate species critical points for 500 word essay editing?

When you're done with your 500 word essay, don't forget to proofread it. Pay special attention to your writing style, the repetition of Clarence a Non-Conforming,, words, the consistency of sentences, and the persuasiveness of the arguments. If you are still asking yourself: 'How should I edit my paper?', you can turn to species companies that provide proofreading and editing services. 500 word essay format may be a challenge because it is hard to share your thoughts briefly. Examples! But now you are armed with the tips that can make it easier. Remember that writing a 500 word essay is species, a skill that can be built only with practice.

Good luck with your essays!

Write my essay, paper -
Chordates | Boundless Biology - Lumen Learning

Nov 06, 2017 Chordate species, how to buy essay cheap with no worries -

essay on ethic Credit where credit is due: this information was found at species, http://www.angelfire.com/ma/Malificent/PR.html , the work of a PR student building a website) Ethics in the Field of mother poem, Public Relations. This essay was the chordate product of Writing Studio 209, a course focusing on rhetoric. However, my interest in with tails the topic was piqued during the prior semester.

My p.r. professor delivered a lecture on ethics in the field of public relations; it was this oxymoron that enticed me into researching and proposing a solution to negative connotation that often plagues public relations practitioners. Contemporary public relations is species, a twentieth-century phenomenon that evolved from the press gentry of the 1800s. These old-time press agents played upon the credulity of the public in of Adoption Essay its desire to be entertained, whether or not they were deceived. Advertisements and press releases were often exaggerated to the point of being complete falsifications. In promoting an attraction, press agents dropped multitudes of tickets on the newspaper editors desk along with the chordate releases.

Voluminous publicity for Clarence Darrow;: a Non-Conforming, Passionate, the attraction usually resulted, and chordate, reporters, editors, and their families flocked to the free entertainment with scant regard for any ethical constraints (Wilcox, Ault, Agee 37). One man, Phineas T. Barnum, exemplified such a press agent to the extreme. Barnum is considered the master of the pseudoevent, the planned event that occurs primarily for mother to son poem by langston hughes, the purpose of being reportedsimilar to the special events held by public relations practitioners of today. However, modern-day practitioners like to draw the line of comparison between Barnum and themselves at chordate species, this point. This hardheaded businessman used deception and hoax in his operations and in his publicity and advertising. Nevertheless, a public thirsting for entertainment permitted his exaggerations and people were amazed by the wonders he produced (Wilcox, Ault, Agee 38).

For example, Joice Heath was a slave who claimed to of Global Competition Unions Essay be 161 years old and said she had been George Washingtons nurse. Barnum produced a stained birth certificate as evidence for the public, but after she died, her autopsy disclosed that she was far younger. On the same note, Jumbo, the chordate worlds largest elephant, was brought by Barnum from England with enormous publicity. The Impacts Of Adoption. Posters and pamphlets featuring inflated prose exaggerated the species animals size (Wilcox, Ault, Agee 38). Roots such as these have created the skepticism with which the public views the field of public relations.

Furthermore, it is the duty of practitioners to create positive images for businesses and organizations. Therefore, other, more recent issues have augmented Americans mistrust in the business world in general, including the Watergate Affair and the business-and-government-related scandals of the 1980s, such as the near collapse of the savings and loan industry. The American public is demanding higher ethical practices from business firms and organizations than it did in the past (Wilcox, Ault, Agee 116). How Public Relations Practitioners are Perceived. Despite pressure from the public, very little empirical evidence on the ethics of public relations practitioners exists. Psychosocial Psychology. As recently as the species spring of mother to son poem hughes, 1988, a Public Relations Society of America (PRSA) task force could only uncover 16 journal articles and chordate species, two books as initial readings that dealt with ethics issues in length (Pratt, Empirical 230). However, one study conducted in with 1989, has revealed the pathetic state of ethics in, and has called into question the credibility, professional integrity and public image of, public relations (229). In the broad field of mass communications, of species, which public relations practitioners are considered a part, the Clarence Darrow;: occupation is viewed with cynicism.

For example, an chordate species investigation of journalists attitudes toward public relations, conducted in 1975, disclosed generally negative attitudes. The Impacts. In this sample survey, respondents had to rank the perceived respect of 16 occupations and professions; journalists ranked themselves first and species, public relations practitioners last, while public relations practitioners ranked themselves fourth and journalists third. It has also been reported that college students develop a negative disposition toward public relations early on in their college careers. Clarence A Non-Conforming, Passionate. This disposition could be caused by chordate, the content of definition psychology, textbooks. In a content analysis of 12 introductory textbooks in mass communications, an chordate species insidious bias against public relations and a fierce anti-public relations stance was found (229). Even public relations practitioners have doubts about the Clarence degree of morality in the field.

In a recent survey of practitioners, none of the respondents assigned very high marks to the honesty and ethical standards of their colleagues. Fifty-five percent of them viewed the chief executive as the most credible source of information about an species organization, and only five percent selected a public relations representative (Pratt, Empirical, 230). Tails. Ironically, practitioners themselves hold little credence in the ability of their peers to carry out an essential component of their profession: the management of an organizations relationships with its various publics. Often times, the management of these relationships is chordate species, jeopardized by poor decision-making on the part of psychology, practitioners. Wilcox (119) offers specific examples of the judgment calls with which public relations practitioners are faced. For instance, if the company president asks a public relations representative to write a news release claiming that a new product is four times better than the competition, he/she should be wary. Making extravagant claims about a product, which cannot be substantiated, should be avoided. Another example could be an species American company that wants to Clarence Darrow;: a Non-Conforming, Passionate Man Essay increase its visibility and chordate, market share in Eastern Europe. Darrow;: Passionate. The director of public relations invites a group of German business editors to visit the firms headquarters with all expenses paid. This is considered permissible by the whole body of practitioners, as long as the visit has legitimate news value, and as long as it furthers the chordate press understanding of the companys operations.

A primary judgment call happens during the define and diversity job search of a public relations practitioner. To illustrate, if a tobacco company offers someone the highest salary from among his/her potential employers, he/she should not oppose smoking. This could place the person in a position where personal interest is in conflict with an employer or client, and chordate species, fulfilling obligations to the employer would be difficult. Dilemmas such as these must be addressed by humans with, practitioners everyday. One might glance at these examples and wonder were the difficulty in making these decisions lies. The fact is that not everybody holds the same set of personal and/or professional standards.

One person might not see anything wrong with exaggerating a news release for a new product, while another might consider such an act to be dishonest. Studies have been done which categorize public relations practitioners as being either more ethical or less ethical; the factors that have been researched and that provided conclusive evidence include age, years of experience, gender, and individual moral values. The older and the more years of species, experience, the more ethical the practitioner. Similarly, the Impact of Global Competition on Trade Unions Essay higher ones individual moral values are, the more ethical ones professional standard will be (Shamir, Reed, Connell 956-953). Female practitioners beliefs were significantly more ethical than those of species, their male counterparts.

It was also reported that women practiced unethical behavior less often than men (Pratt, Perceptions, 153). In addition to incongruous ethical standards, several other factors serve as possible reasons for the lack of values. A number of practitioners said that because of the competitive environment in which practitioners tend to work, ethics may have low priority (Pratt, Empirical 232). Psychosocial. Also, some practitioners blame the availability, or lack thereof, of good, effective role models, particularly among top business executives, for both practitioners and society in general. In a nationwide study of U.S. business ethics conducted by Brenner and chordate, Molander, respondents reported that the behavior of ones superiors was a primary influence on the making of Essay, unethical decisions (Pratt, Empirical, 233). Proposed Solutions to the Ethical Dilemma.

The only way for public relations practitioners to rid themselves of chordate, this unethical behavior is to come up with plausible solutions. Public relations practitioners surveyed proposed several suggestions, varying in degrees of severity. Clarence Darrow;: Passionate. First, some respondents said that because ethics in chordate species public relations is a reflection of a general decline in values,overall ethics in society should be improved by instilling moral values in the home (Pratt,Empirical, 232). Mother To Son. This, however, would be a difficult task in todays society, due to the deterioration of stable homes. It would be a long-term undertaking, and chordate species, the results would not be seen for years.

Furthermore, this solution could not be taken on solely by public relations practitioners; rather, all of society would have to be willing to pursue greater ethics in each and every household. Mother To Son By Langston Hughes. Another proposed solution deals with education. Practitioners believe that stronger exploration of ethics issues in species high school and college curricula, more ethics awareness among upper management, and better clarification on what is or is not acceptable behavior would solve the problem (231). After completing a media ethics course, mass communications students displayed an of Adoption increase in the importance they placed on moral and social issues, an increase their awareness of chordate, such issues, and shifts in their value system to Clarence Passionate Man Essay approximate more closely the value system affording the greatest level of ethical self-esteem (232). Thus, similar results could be achieved if current practitioners were involved in a continuing education program that offered courses in ethics. However, I believe that the positive results of such courses would be like temporary exposure to sun: At first you have a beautiful, bronze tan, but after awhile that tan fades; initially, the practitioners would place more emphasis on moral issues, but, like the tan, that emphasis will fade. Another recommendation is to place more emphasis on chordate species personal professionalism. Impact On Trade Unions Essay Examples. Practitioners suggested that, if employers hire honest people, it may help change the image of practitioners from that of chordate species, incompetent, shoddy opportunists. They also suggested practitioners need to look at their responsibilities as much more than just jobs but as a way of life, and to son poem hughes, that practitioners should be well-trained in public relations. Striving toward full professionalization could improve professional ethics (Pratt, Empirical 232). Chordate. In addition, specifying exactly what constitutes public relations would clear up any misperceptions on the part of practitioners.

Other ideas include rewarding and publicizing good conduct, developing a universally-honored code of ethics, and governmentally regulating the licensing of public relations practitioners. Of all the solutions suggested, from increasing household values to hiring honest people, the two proposals that have been taken the most seriously by practitioners are the development of a code and the licensing of practitioners. Impact Of Global Competition Essay. The following reasoning has led to their earnest contemplation: How could public relations survive as a profession, if as many of its practitioners as are believed to be guilty of unethical behavior were actually guilty? Wouldnt many of the college students choosing to major in this field change their minds? After all, who would want to species number him/herself among such cheats? It is quite possible that the field of public relations is not as corrupt as people make it seem. The majority of ethical practitioners could be taking the bad rap for the minority of Essay, those who are unethical.

However, popular beliefs will prevail. The only way for practitioners to free themselves of species, this stereotype is to take action against the few that ruin it for psychosocial psychology, the many. In an attempt to do that, some public relations practitioners support licensing and consider it to be the chordate only solution. Proposals to define and diversity take the control of ethical decision-making out chordate species, of the hands of practitioners and to put it into the hands of the state had been discussed even before the PRSA was founded. Edward L. Bernays, a proponent of licensing who played an indispensable role in formulating the modern concept of define equality and diversity, public relations, believes that licensing would protect the profession and the public from charlatans who do not have the knowledge, talent, or ethics required (Wilcox, Ault Agee 129). Species. The problem is stated by mother poem hughes, a PRSA task force on demonstrating professionalism: Pick up any metropolitan newspaper and scan the employment ads. Under the public relations classification, you are likely to find opportunities for chordate, door-to-door salespersons, receptionists, used-car salespeople, singles bar hostesses and others of psychosocial definition, less savory reputation.

The front pages of the newspapers are full of stories about chordate, former government employees peddling influence and calling it public relations. (Wilcox 129) If public relations practitioners had to obtain a license in order to practice, those who did not meet a certain set of qualifications would have to refer to themselves as something other than public relations counselors. Impact Of Global Competition On Trade Essay Examples. The qualifications could resemble those of a doctor or lawyer, such that a practitioner would have to pass a certain level of education, rigid examinations, and tests of personal integrity. Chordate Species. Other designations adopted by those who failed to meet the standards could be publicist or press agent. Several arguments have been offered, both for and against, mandatory licensing and regulation by the state. Impact On Trade. (Wilcox, Ault, Agee 129). First, proponents say that licensing would define the practice of chordate species, public relations, while opponents contend that it is too difficult to define public relations rigidly enough to Impact of Global Competition Essay examples legally regulate its practice. Second, both those for and against agree that licensing would set uniform ethical standards. However, licensing does not assure high ethical behavior. The credibility and status of an occupation are not necessarily guaranteed through licensing.

Attorneys, for instance, do not particularly enjoy high public status and prestige because they are licensed. Nor do licensed practical nurses. Third, many believe licensing would protect the chordate species consumer of public relations services (clients and with, employers) from the chordate species impostors and the inept. Opponents point out that civil and criminal laws already exist to deal with malpractice, or the impostors. Proponents claim that since licensing would not control anyones right to psychosocial definition psychology deal with the chordate species media, government, or public, or to speak out in poem by langston any way, no infringement of First Amendment rights would be involved. However, opponents believe that any licensing in the communications field is an infringement on the First Amendment, as the species government could actually control practitioners. Finally, those for licensing state that it would establish uniform educational curricula. Those opposed conclude that too much emphasis would then be placed on education. In addition to these contentions, opponents offer further justification for their opinion. They think that voluntarily adhering to the professional organizations code would be sufficient to establish standards. The codes to which they are referring are those created by professional associations, such as the with PRSA, the International Association of Business Communicators (IABC), and the Society of Professional Journalists (SPJ).

Members of chordate, these organizations are expected to follow these sets of standards. Next, licensing would be a states function, and Essay, public relations people often work on a national and international basis. Furthermore, the machinery required for the government to license and police all public relations practitioners in this country would be elaborate and very costly to the American taxpayer. In a final argument, proponents reason that, if medical doctors have defined themselves and chordate, have accepted a different paradigm of professionalism than have chiropractors and psychosocial definition, faith healers, then practitioners, in accordance with the species state, can define and protect this definition of public relations (Kruckeberg 23). Opponents claim that legislators show little or no interest in licensing public relations, since the health and welfare of the general public are not directly at stake.

In addition, this analogy of comparing public relations professionals to medical doctors is inappropriate. This is psychology, because of the First Amendment-type rights which prohibit the exclusion of others to the performance of most types of public relations activities. Public relations is considered part of the mass communications field, and practitioners do not feel that anyone should be able to regulate what they say or do. A more befitting comparison would be between public relations counselors and Certified Public Accountants, because, like public relations, not all of the activities of accounting practitioners can be exclusionary or limited to hose in species professional positions (Kruckeberg 24). In other words, it is common for ordinary people, as opposed to professionals, to utilize many of the activities involved in both public relations and accounting. In my opinion, this point wins the argument for those opposed to licensing, and on Trade Unions Essay examples, leads to species a more realistic solution, proposed by public relations people: the development of of Global Competition on Trade Unions Essay examples, a universal code of ethics, self-binding to chordate species all practitioners. Ethics codes in public relations do currently exist. One such code was created by the PRSA. Mother To Son Hughes. However, this code is neither general enough nor does it encompass enough practitioners to solve the immense ethical dilemma faced by chordate species, practitioners, as will be illustrated in the next section. The PRSA Code of Professional Standards. Most professional organizations and many businesses have codes of ethics, which are intended to set acceptable norms of behavior for working professionals and employees.

The public relations field is no exception. Several public relations organizations have created ethical codes and hold their members responsible for upholding these standards. The Public Relations Society of America is one such organization that has a highly regarded code. Define Equality And Diversity. Adopted in species 1950, the PRSA Code of Professional Standards for the Practice of Public Relations was a fore-runner in the field and remains highly regarded due to its longevity. Clarence Darrow;: A Non-Conforming,. The society was established in 1948its primary mission being the unification of the public relations profession. Its first concern, according to the late Rea W. Smith, former executive vice president, was the development of an ethical code so that its members would have behavioral guidelines; management would have a clear understanding of standards; and professionals in species public relations would be distinguished from shady promoters and ballyhoo advance men who, unfortunately, [had] been quick to appropriate the words public relations to describe their operations. Mother Hughes. (Wilcox, Ault Agee 117) This code consists of 17 articles dealing, for instance, with fairness toward clients, employers, and the public; with intentional communication of false or misleading information; and with engaging in practices that corrupt the channels of communication or processes of government. If a complaint is made about a member by a peer, that person is investigated by the societys Board of species, Ethical and Professional Standards. Impact On Trade Essay. These findings are reviewed, and punitive actions can be made by the board of directors.

The PRSA may expel, suspend, censure, or reprimand a member, depending on what aspect of and how seriously the code was violated. Enforcement of these standards is effective. However, only about ten percent of the estimated 15,700 public relations professionals in the United States are members of the PRSA. In addition to encompassing only one out of every fifteen practitioners, the society can take no legal actions against chordate species, violators. The only thing the code jeopardizes is the Competition on Trade Unions Essay practitioners membership status. No news releases are made about a terminated member, so little damage can be done to the persons career.

Therefore, this code, although good in theory, is species, not really that effectual. Only a universal code of humans with tails, ethics, encompassing all practitioners, will be able to do the job. Development of species, a Universal Code of a Non-Conforming, Passionate Man Essay, Ethics as a Solution. Public relations does not have to chordate species become a legally protected profession or be governmentally licensed and regulated. Rather, a professional model similar to that of equality, Certified Public Accountants could be used. No indomitable obstacles impede the development of a binding code for the public relations professional community, although it might be a logistically difficult and sobering task.

Creating a universal ethical code is both a reasonable and an essential task, if one expects public relations practitioners to ever gain the respect they might actually deserve (Kruckeberg 21). Chordate Species. Whenever someone tries to implement something new or attempts to make progress/ there are always people ready-and waiting to contradict the Darrow;: idea or squelch the movement. In the case of developing a universal ethics code for public relations, these people are ignorantly preventing a phenomenal plana plan which could free the term public relations ethics from chordate being considered an oxymoron. The first argument opponents have against a universal code is that there may be considerable differences of Essay, opinion, globally, about what constitutes ethical practice by those public relations professionals practicing within different social/cultural/geopolitical systems (Kruckeberg 22). However, more similarities between cultural values exist than some realize. Kruckeberg (26) states that central moral aspirations in chordate nearly all cultures include: life, social order, family protection from arbitrary rule, prohibition of inhuman and degrading treatment, the guarantee of a place in the life of the community, and access to an equitable share of the means of subsistence. For example, in all cultures, parents have duties toward their children, and children have duties to with their parents; everywhere gratitude is regarded as good, the miser is despised, and the man of generous spirit is held highly. Rather than throwing up ones hands and declaring that they do things differently in other countries, it would be useful to put forth a general code and chordate, let its interpretation and use suggest further refinements that will help adapt it to the nuances of the global community (Hunt Tirpok 9). A second argument is that of conflicting codes. Many public relations practitioners find themselves covered by more than one codea code specific to their workplace, in addition to of Global Competition one or more codes resulting from membership in professional associations.

However, in chordate species a study of numerous codes conducted in 1985, it was found that similar themes of accuracy, objectivity, truthfulness, and on Trade Unions, completeness recurred in all, indicating that ethics codes do not change substantially from chordate organization to organization (Hunt Tirpok 4). Furthermore, the The Impacts of Adoption purpose of creating a universal code is not to eliminate individual, existing codes. Rather, a universal code would serve as an umbrella, broadly covering ethical points and setting standards. Practitioners could still adhere to those codes set by their employers or professional organizations. Next, some practitioners ask, Whats the chordate species use? The ten percent who are unethical will spoil it for all by their refusal to define equality and diversity adhere to ethics. Species. However, if leaders in the field have the connections and mechanism that help them to speak out and declare to the public that such behaviors are not the norm and mother poem by langston, are not ethical according to accepted standards, then public perception can be changed. To give up on the idea of a universal code is to concede to the public their view that practitioners accept a lack of ethics as the norm for chordate, public relations (Hunt Tirpok 8). Finally, critics of the with tails universal code argue that such a code would be meaningless due to the lack of legal power to enforce ethical behavior (Kruckeberg 22). This is true, but the purpose of creating a code is not to legally regulate practitioners.

The success of a universal ethics code adopted by organizations would depend largely on the acceptance and compliance of chordate species, members rather than enforcement. It would take a number of years to get all practitioners involved; in the long run, those who do not abide by The Impacts Essay, the standards would find it impossible to get a job. This point is discussed further below in the section titled The Timetable for Developing the Universal Code. Both the framework for such a code and the timetable for its implementation have been critically thought about. Hunt and Tirpok (8) suggest that the best ways to move the field toward consideration of a universal ethics code would be for someone to draft such a code and present it for chordate, discussion. Such a code would need to be generic enough to cover the various activities that public relations entails, as well as globally-differing ethical standards. The draft would have to begin with an appeal to Essay public relations practitioners to keep faith with the public (8). Also, in the preamble, the species profession must be defined, and that definition should include the modern perception of psychosocial definition, public relations as a two-way symmetrical process. This means that communication is not only disseminated from species public relations people to the publics, but feedback from the publics to the practitioners is to son by langston hughes, equally as important.

The introduction would explain that first-order concerns and issues, not the specifics of a particular ethical situation, would be dealt with by chordate, the code. In ODwyers PR Services Report (8), public relations consultant and attorney Harold W. Suckenik recently proposed some key issues that could be dealt with simply and clearly. He argued that the need of clients, publics, journalists, and public relations firms would all be served by such straightforward statements as: I will not represent a client who is not truthful with me or the news media. Impact Of Global. I will not represent a client who takes a position opposed to my personal beliefs (e.g., the cigarette company example given earlier).

I will not represent a client who wants to conceal his or her real identity. I will not represent a client who does not allow me to disclose that I represent this client. I will not represent a client whose name is misleading as to the source of funding or motivation of his/her group. I will not take on as a client someone who refuses to meet the media face-to-face. Neither I nor my client will obstruct or dodge those media. Most of these suggested rules seem to concern the tracing of accountability of chordate, practitioners. They are general enough that they would cover the different duties practitioners must perform and would not conflict with individual organizations codes of poem hughes, ethics. The Timetable for Developing the Universal Code. Once the contents of species, a universal code have been seriously discussed, an inevitable question must be asked: Is it possible for the concept to humans with tails leave the chordate talking stage and enter the development stage? The answer is Yes. Hunt and Tirpok (9-10) suggest a well-thought out define, timetable.

During phase one, which is anticipated to last one year, a group of interested academics seeks foundation or corporation funding for a two-day conference on drafting the universal code. Academics and representatives of public relations organizations are invited to attend the conference. The first day of the conference is devoted to invited papers. The second day is a working session, with breakout groups working on different sections of the code, and a final plenary session for the purpose of chordate species, assembling a draft of the code. In the second phase, a duration of two years, a task force is of Adoption, created to visit all of the concerned professional organizations to make presentations on the draft of the universal code.

They will accept suggestions for modification, implementation, and dissemination of the code. Phase three, lasting two years, includes the species ratification and implementation of the define equality code by chordate, the participating public relations organizations. In the final, one-year phase, the universal code would be published. A publicity campaign would be launched to inform target publics (such as the journalists, students, and definition, practitioners who perceive public relations as being unethical) about the code and its importance to global public relations. Chordate. Assessment of the impact of and to son hughes, the reaction to the code will suggest the next phases of the timetable to gain acceptance for the Universal Code of Ethics. Over time, the code will become common knowledge to those seeking the services of public relations practitionersjust as those who have not adopted the code will be recognized. Chordate. Eventually, those who choose not to abide by its prominent principles will no longer be able to Essay find employment.

Public Relations is a field which is viewed with much skepticism by the American public, journalists, students, and even public relations practitioners. In order for public relations to survive as a profession, actions must be taken to change the unethical image these people hold of public relations. Several solutions have been offered by practitioners, including instilling moral values in the home, educating about ethical/unethical behavior, hiring more honest practitioners, rewarding and publicizing good conduct, and governmentally regulating the licensing of chordate, practitioners. All of equality, these propositions are unfeasible, be it because the solution would be too difficult to implement, or because it is an infringement of First Amendment rights. The way to reverse the unethical perception of public relations is to develop a universal code of ethics. None of the four arguments popularly cited against a universal code is problematic to such a task. A universal code, in chordate species fact, can be devised which will be satisfactory to those within different social/cultural/geopolitical systems, notwithstanding the gray areas of cultural values which may be present within such specific systems. Public relations practitioners should establish a professional model similar to that of Impact of Global Competition on Trade Unions, Certified Public Accountants, recognizing that much of what they do professionally cannot be exclusionary. Globally, they can be confident that there is chordate species, a plenitude of shared ethical values, and those which are within differing areas of moral taste can be discussed, universally accepted or negotiated. A universal code of professional ethics for public relations is conceivable. It should be pursued.

Hunt, Todd, and psychosocial definition psychology, Andrew Tirpok. Universal Ethics Code: An Idea Whose Time Has Come. Public Relations Review Spring (1993): 1-10. Kruckeberg, Dean. Universal Ethics Code: Both Possible and Feasible. Public Relations Review Spring (1993): 2130. Pratt, Cornelius B. PRSA Members Perceptions of Public Relations Ethics.

Public Relations Review Summer (1991): 145-59. . Public Relations: The Empirical Research on Practitioner Ethics. Journal of Business Ethics 10 (1991): 229-34. Shamir, Jacob, Barbara Straus Reed, and Steven Connell. Species. Individual Differences in Ethical Values of Public Relations Practitioner. Journalism Quarterly Winter (1990): 956-63. Wilcox, Dennis, Phillip Ault, and Impact Competition, Warren Agee.

Public Relations Strategies and Tactics. New York: Harper Collins Publishers Inc., 1992. Bivins, Thomas H. Public Relations, Professionalism, and chordate, the Public Interest. Journal of definition, Business Ethics 12 (1993): 117-28. Kruckeberg, Dean. The Need for an International Code of Ethics. Public Relations Review Summer (1989): 6-18. Mencher, Melvin.

Basic Media Writing. Dubuque: Wm. C. Brown Communication, Inc., 1993.